No squads or classes in Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'Battlefront General Discussion' started by WhoIsDo, May 8, 2015.

1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Star Wars Battlefront snow.jpg

More news is pouring in regarding Star Wars Battlefront. This time, DICE has confirmed that there will not be classes or squads in the game.

I found the information on GamesRadar, but it comes from the latest issue of OXM. Players will be able to freely pick different weapons or gear, rather than being confined to a pre-determined class. You'll be able to unlock and then use whatever weapon or gear you want using the game's XP system.

Battlefield titles have often used "squads", but DICE confirmed that they won't be in Battlefront. Instead, we're being given a new "Partners" feature that links two players together so that they can easily see each other on their respective HUD & then spawn on the other player when they'd like. Even more interesting, the "Partners" feature allows for you to share whatever you've unlocked in the game. Teaming up with a partner who has better gear than you? You'll have access to their suite of weapons, gear, etc.

What do you guys think of the new changes announced? I'm definitely a fan, but looking forward to hearing your feedback!

2. DigitalCrack

DigitalCrack New Member

Don't like them at all. So is battlefront going to have anything. Right now its being simplified to pieces. Pretty much nothing to look forward to more or less about this game.

3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

At this point, I think the messaging that DICE is putting out there is all about showing the game isn't a "Battlefield" clone. The 'Partners' feature seems really cool to me, but I would expect to see a lot of information & reveals around E3 in June.

4. DigitalCrack

DigitalCrack New Member

Yeah thats a terrible reason to make those decisions. No classes I can deal with as long as they have a complex progression system. No ADS sucks and I don't see the harm in letting people play with more than one friend at a time. I could be fine with it as long as I can have an easy way to join a game with multiple friends to ensure we all get in the same game.

5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

I don't think they've confirmed no "ADS", just confirmed no iron sights. Two entirely different things. They have scoped weapons in the game, so they'll certainly have ADS in some form or another.

I'm sure you'll be able to play with more than one friend. They just allow you to "Partner" with one friend to create a buddy system of sorts within that same team.

6. Bruvas

Bruvas Active Member

I like the idea, but I'd be interested in seeing how it'd work with 2 or 3 pals online at the same time.

7. Wickett42

Wickett42 Active Member

You're right, I wondered why they kept specifying iron sights over ADS in the reports so I looked up exactly what iron sights is, and it's a very simple and specific aiming feature. It doesn't encompass the broad term "aiming down sights" at all, so it's very possible that we'll still have this in some form or fashion. Although it wouldn't surprise me to not see it, seeing as how FPS in Battlefront 2 was still from the hip.

So basically, a load out has been confirmed. I like it. The classes were neat but I'd much rather deck a character out the way I want to. It allows for a lot more personalization.

I like the sound of the Partner deal too. That could be a lot of fun.

8. RedKnightsoh5

RedKnightsoh5 New Member

I find news reports like this very troubling. Each day Battlefront becomes more and more of a Battlefield4 or a COD "Run & Gun" game clone, just fought on other planets. After leading a SOCOM and BF3 Clan for 10+ years with 120+ members... (that all ended with BF4 because of it's lack of Clan Support)... I see Battlefront also heading completely in the wrong direction because of DICE's limited view on Multiplayer gaming . We were a Modern Warfare War Clan on BF3... and Space Fantasy war gaming is not really our thing. And Battlefront may be to weak to even consider now anyway.

Instead of being a online Multiplayer game for small or larger groups of friends to play together... it seems DICE and EA wants to turn Battlefront into another "Run & Gun" kid COD 1st person shooter! Now that's a really unique new idea!!

My Clan gave up on BF4. We were hoping that Rainbow6 Siege could give us what we need. But RB6 Siege is also becoming a "COD Kid clone" with no Clan Support. We hoped Battlefront would have some kind of good Clan Support for larger groups of friends to play together. But this "Partners replace Squads" system in game is a joke.

"Partners replace Squads; instead of teaming up in groups of five, you’ll have just one buddy to spawn on and track via your HUD."
    http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/11/star-wars-battlefront-classes-squads-partners-pc-ps4-xbox-one/

A 2-Buddy Partner system?... now that's really harnessing the Power of today's Next-Gen Consoles and PCs!! LMAO [​IMG] And most of the time, you will be "Partnered" with a random screaming kid or somebody with no headset to work with!!

Now no Space Battles? http://gamerant.com/star-wars-battlefront-why-no-space-battles/
    And no Single Player Campaign with Battlefront!

Every news release that comes out on Battlefront... seems to push Battlefront further down the crapper each day. Of course... DICE and EA can always "ADD" these essentials later with DLC updates... at a cost. So it looks like Battlefront will be another "Unfinished" game from DICE, like their BF3/Battlefield4 was on their release days. "EA tells DICE: Ship that BattleFront game before that new Star Wars Movie hits the theaters!!!"

If this is the road that DICE continues on... I won't pre-order Battlefront. I'll wait for several weeks/months to see what kind of game it turns out to be. "You spend your money to buy it, play it... and maybe I'll save $60 to $110 after you tell us on these Forums it's crap."

My hope that Battlefront will be a great game... is getting smaller each day.

9. Wickett42

Wickett42 Active Member

*sigh*.... here we go.

This holds no water considering DICE has made obvious efforts to keep this game unique. 1st to 3rd person in game option, the Partner system, 40x40 online multiplayer, and no iron sights to name a few of the more talked about ones.

Yeah, they definitely are limited and don't want people playing together with abilities like 40x40 online multiplayer, and please don't start in with the argument that it should be more. More is not always better. Heck, I have never played an online shooter that didn't already struggle with the natural occurrence of lag. Throw in 20 more on each side and you have a mess, like other shooters that tried that have proved.

I really don't know where you get this, and what exactly is "Kid"? You mean simple? Did more advanced always mean more fun? The first Battlefront was as simple as all get out and it was still fun.

So the game sucks because it doesn't support the every need of your clan. That sounds like a fair judgment of a game, totally.

Harnessing power?? What do you expect of new games? You want them to tax the living daylights out of your console/PC just for the sake of being "next-gen"? That's not the definition of "next-gen" at all and the sooner you learn that the better off you'll be. You're seeing a unique move being made with this buddy system, and there's no guarantee it'll work. There also, however, is no solid evidence to suggest that it'll be terrible either.

To add, I fully expect some privacy settings. I can't imagine you'll always have to buddy up with someone else, and if you do you may very well also have the ability to disconnect from them. We'll have to wait and see exactly how they do it, especially before we go and try shooting it down before it even gets air.

I've already given my full 2 cents on the space battles and campaign in other popular topics on this forum that you can easily check out, but to put it simply, space battles and campaign from the previous two titles were hardly the focal point. I would much rather see them removed than take time and resources out of something else better only to see it not used or well liked in the end anyway.

I seriously doubt that a game that was only barely teased over a year ago was being rushed. This game has been in the works for a good while.

I'll be sure and let you know how I think it turned out.

10. Bruvas

Bruvas Active Member

Steady on @RedKnightsoh5... Your condemning a game based on so little. You're condemning a game before playing it, and most of the time throwing fairly childish remarks at the reasons.

Not every game needs to be a big e-sports, clan based monster. There's no reason that this game might be, but after being clanned for Medal of Honour Allied Assault, DoD, Halo CE, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, R6 Vegas 2 and Battlefield 3, I'm bloody ready for a game I can pick up and play for shits and giggles.

I'll pre-order and buy the game. Thankingyouplease.

11. Taramafor

Taramafor Member

Um... Question. What's to stop everyone from dressing up as officers with jetpacks and breaking all stormtrooper immersion?

As for squads, they were never in BF to begin with. So no biggy there. Partner system might not be the best idea. It can lead to playing favorites and leeching from people. Good for people that know each other well, not so good for most others in general. What happens if you're that one unpopular guy that never gets picked?

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  12. Atolocus

Atolocus New Member

Iv been on this forum for 20 mins and have seen 4 posts already from this " redknight" spreading doom and gloom for SW BF. If you don't like what you see that's fine... Go play your games with your clan and leave us alone. Don't buy the game and let us enjoy it without you