How is there no single player?!?!

Discussion in 'Battlefront General Discussion' started by BmcFly, Oct 12, 2015.

1. BmcFly

BmcFly New Member

I get that multiplayer has been the greater focus these days in games but there is still campaigns or single player modes of some sort. Especially in a star wars game on newer consoles that could have had SO much potential for an epic single player mode.
    I guess I could just be old but I don't think that a $90 price tag is worth it and I'm sure there will be some kind of premium that you can waste another $50 on.
    You never know, they might come out with a dlc or free dl but there's no talk of it so I doubt it.

2. Wo1f08

Wo1f08 New Member

There is both single and coop mode, it's missions I believe, no campaign though which is disappointing.

3. Wickett42

Wickett42 Active Member

There was barely any campaign in the first two but people didn't seem to care then. Now it's causing the second Ice Age.

Do you live in Australia, because that is the only way that game is that expensive. Otherwise you're off by about $30.

The first DLC is free, and it was announced that it would be free months ago.

4. Clarkeh

Clarkeh New Member

Titanfall was also slammed hard for this for not having a proper campaign and instead we got some semblance of a hybrid campaign but with enemy players and not a whole lot of story, Seems SWBF is following suit.

5. sgt rawk

sgt rawk Member

The respawn people didn't have the resources to release a campaign really. Limited resources went to MP instead.

6. BmcFly

BmcFly New Member

Therefor the game is worth nowhere near what it is being sold for. It should be priced as exactly what it is, half a game that you will be beta testing for dice for a year, whatever that is worth

7. Wickett42

Wickett42 Active Member

*facepalm*

The campaigns were roughly 5% of the two previous Battlefronts, many different game modes are included with the presence of some offline and local co-op modes, there's a free DLC, and the Beta was 7 days. There doesn't seem to be any less content overall than there was in Battlefront 2, except for the fact that Battlefront 2 had quite a lot of different boards, which we could still see later on down the road. Saying that this Battlefront is half of a game is just an uneducated, ludicrous thing to say.

8. greedyfl78

greedyfl78 New Member

There needs to be more single player fighter missions, with more verity. Why not survival and battle missions? The game is only good because it's Star Wars. Other than that, it's mediocre at best. EA messed up by not having any campaigns, and more so by not including similar game play that there was in previous Battlefronts. Remember the missions where you had space combat, and then land inside a comand ship and take it out? Those were awesome, and would make amazing solo and MP game play.

9. sgt rawk

sgt rawk Member

It does seem like a missed opportunity that there is no single player mission.

10. Wickett42

Wickett42 Active Member

If this game had a campaign, I can honestly say I would still not have even touched it. There's plenty of content here.

11. SteelFaith

SteelFaith New Member

There's is not plenty of content here, that's absurd. You're the undisputed minority if you really believe that. The overall consensus from the broader gaming community is that this game lacks any real depth, and have no much to offer in the long term, and that's putting it politely.

That doesn't mean they can't fix that in the future with more expansions, but as of right now, it's very repetitive and lacks depth. SP/Coop mode is shamefully barren with content especially. Almost all the modes are identical, have no vehicles or spacecraft to use(excluding the training missions), and get stale very quickly.

12. Wickett42

Wickett42 Active Member

Have you ever noticed that whenever someone doesn't like a product they bought they are more inclined to write a bad review about it somewhere on Amazon than when they are completely happy and over the moon with it? You will always know if something is bad way quicker than you will if it's good. This Battlefront is no different at all. Undisputed minority? Says who? All of the people who have been unhappy with every little thing about this game since the day they heard DICE was taking a shot at it? I don't really care what those people have to say, because they are the complainers who are going to have something negative to say regardless of what it is. There are just as many people out there, if not more, who are extremely happy with the outcome of this game, including me so far, though I've mentioned before that I'd like a little more time before I put my complete thoughts together.

I realize I am just one of the gamers who own this game, but in my personal experience in the last few days, every person I have talked to so far who has bought this game (which is quite a few) can't stop talking about how fun it is. It's when you go on online that you start seeing the naysayers everywhere, so don't spew terms out like "undisputed minority." I'll dispute it all night long.

13. Bruvas

Bruvas Active Member

Don't tell me you bought this game KNOWING it had no single player to then come on these forums and MOAN that there is no single player? It has been known for MONTHS that there was no campaign. Without a campaign, what single player missions were you expecting? Seriously getting confused and bored to the back teeth with these whining, moaning, stupid, moronic, pointless posts. I never bought Alien Isolation then went to their forums and posted how sh**e it was for the lack of it. The purchase was based off this knowledge before hand and whether I thought the purchase price was worth it.
    NO ONE MAKES YOU BUY THESE GAMES. Sell it or trade it in, then chalk it up as a life lesson about reading into content before buying ffs.

14. Jimmah

Jimmah Member

So, I can see from all the forums on Battlefront it's a mixed bag really. Sure a lot of people are happy with the game and some are not.

The content in this game is slim, I'll admit that.

But it's not a gamers game, if you get my drift. It's a fan game, ie designed towards fans of Star Wars.

Which for a game with such a massive following this is what you have to expect.

Gaming is changing and us gamers have to accept it.

15. Wickett42

Wickett42 Active Member

I appreciate the fair representation and approach, but on basic principle you're wrong. It was about the time of the Xbox 360's popularity in 2006 - 2009 that sort of ruined the view towards gamers and their assumed stance on things. Without giving you a long and drawn out account, I will simply say that the term "gamer" has become a misconstrued word with a false meaning. A gamer is someone who regularly plays video games for enjoyment, and it doesn't matter what kind of game or enjoyment it is. The false definition is along the lines of someone who lives and breathes what is considered "hardcore". They are a group of people who have become the face of the gaming world. Their library is tiny, consisting of mainly T and M rated shooters, and they have an extreme sense of entitlement seeing as how the developers they follow pump a new title out every year.

The sad thing is, this is not a rant, and it isn't over embellished or an exaggeration. It all started with teenagers thinking it was "cool" to get a kill streak, and it's slowly evolved into the market we see today. Battlefront is a gamer's game. It's fun, and that's all it needs.

16. Bruvas

Bruvas Active Member

I blame the CoD series of games... :D

17. Wickett42

Wickett42 Active Member

Halo, CoD, and Gears of War were the main contributors.

18. BmcFly

BmcFly New Member

Yea like I wasted $100 and potentially another $70 on a season pass (leave it to EA to decide they're more expensive all of a sudden. Nobody plays the dlc's in their last game so I'll pay more this time :/)

I'll buy it when it's $20 in a couple months just like every dice game. Why would I pay $100 to wait for them to fix the endless problems it will have when I can pay $20 in a couple months for a game that works. It's dice 101 and anybody on here that ever bought a dice game would know this

19. Jimmah

Jimmah Member

Actually it was well before 2006. I remember writing letters ie snail mail to devs about games, this was before the internet. In those days there were no forums to complain. A glitch,? stiff sh*t, you switched off/reset and started again. There was no way to get it fixed, besides ringing at some massive high price per minute or write a letter, the devs couldn't send you a "patch" as there was no internet.
    It was the internet that bought gaming into the lime light. Consoles were the catalyst for the demise of gaming. A bunch of people new to games, with no idea, really, what to expect. So when the games did not perform to what they wanted they complained. Long gone are the days of saying to yourself " Well that's a bit stupid, but that's what the devs wanted to put in so be it".
    The fist Nintendo console was released in 1985. Besides pong earlier and a few others, this bought gaming into peoples lounge room, not some dark basement as most PC gamers were thought to be in at the time. Then later we had the PS1 and the first Xbox, once again gaming expanded. Once again more and more people had consoles in there lounge rooms. I'm not sure about the PS1 but your could play lan games on the original Xbox.

There is a whole lot more I could go on about, but well who cares?

Also society changed a lot over those years, the self entitlement crowd became prevalent in society. Hence we see so many people upset/disappointed in the games released now. Ie that's not what I wanted fix it, and guess what enough people complain the devs do it.
    Then you have the nostalgic crowd, people who have a love of gaming, I suppose you may call these people "Hardcore Games", these people seem to remember games of yester year, although they are probably blinded by rose tinted glasses, they would like games to go back to the old days, simple games, not easy to play but simple.

Back to Battlefront, believe it or not there are a lot of "Hardcore Gamers" who don't play MP, yes that's hard to believe, but it's true. These are the sort of people who will spend countless hours finishing a game. Finishing ie 100% in everything. It is also a great way to bolster sales. There are people out there who purely went and bought a console to play this game. Without a Campaign I believe EA has shot themselves in the foot.

For many years people have put forth to scrap campaigns from games, Ie " I don't play the campaign why have it. There are others who would like separate games ie Campaign and MP totally separate.

But here with Battlefront we virtually have an unfinished game to todays standards. Sure they wanted to re-create Battlefront from years ago. But why hold back? They have so many new options for games. The engines are pretty much pre-built these days. There's even companies who build free engines for Devs to use.

I like the game don't get me wrong I think it's a excellent MP experience, and that's what it is. A Star Wars experience.

But a game? By todays standards it is not.

20. greedyfl78

greedyfl78 New Member

How about the same missions that are in multiplayer for starters? And how about a few more modes and maps? Just because a game doesn't have a campaign doesn't mean it will have little to no single player modes. Episodes 1-6 had a lot more planets and iconic places that could have been included. I can see them holding out for episode 7 related stuff, and sell that as DLC. I can even see them selling additional DLC stuff as episodes 8 and 9 are released. Scratch the season pass and sell those separately for $30 each to make the game more replayable, and to keep sales flowing in. That would cause this game to remain relevant for a much longer time frame, and cause people to keep the game with the idea of buying the DLC's vs selling it at game stop immediately after they are tired of it (that is less that 1 week for me, and this will be the FIRST game I ever sold in my 36 years of gaming).

And by the way, I am not "moaning" about the game. I am here saying what is needed so that EA and Dice know why the game may fail, and what they need to fix in the future. Without forums, developers have no way to get feedback from their customer base. As a business and in the work place, no news = good news, and you always want the negative feedback so you know what you did wrong. It is then the companies decision to act.